Monday, April 9, 2012

The Wooden Spoon that could

        Before we dive into this one, I must admit this experiment was both a nailed and a failed it ha!. I found this really good trick that was originally posted here and decided to give it a try. I am sure we can all relate when you are cooking pasta and trying to multitask only to hear the whooshing sound of the pot boiling over (lets not even tap into the yuck leftover to clean up afterward ugh!). 
According to A small snippet, by placing a wooden spoon across the top of the pot would keep it from boiling over. I had one of those Why didn't I think of that? moments that happen so often when browsing Pinterest and decided to put it to the test. My first try was a complete failure, the pot boiled right over as if there was nothing over the top of it. I was SO SAD! But I figured I needed to give it a second try. A few days later I made my people have pasta for dinner AGAIN! and  followed the same process. Place the same wooden spoon across the top and wait until its boiling like there is no tomorrow. To much of my horror It spilled over one more time and I wanted to throw the pot out the window. Can someone please come up with some crazy easy way to keep your stove top spic and span??? I would love you forever ;). Anyway back to my failed experiment I went trying to figure out what I did wrong. I kept reading about people trying it and it working to perfection, so what was wrong with mine?
It hit me that the handle of my spoon was not that long and that both times I had used the same spoon. So my brainiac self decided to try a bigger spoon and guess what happened
* insert dramatic pause and background music*  to my happiness IT WORKED!. You can see it doing its magic right below:




What I learned:
- You must use a big spoon
- If it doesn't work the first time, try it again with a different utensil
- Not worrying over a boiling pot and being able to walk away without fearing the boiling over demon is AH-MAY-ZING :)


Til next time..Keep nailing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment